Friday, 31 January 2014
Cooking&Baking Challenge - Session 7: Aligot
Here is my recipe for the January Cooking Challenge! A recipe from the southern part of Central France: Aligot. It is a delicious mix of cheese, garlic and mashed potatoes!
Aligot for four persons
* 1kg potatoes
* 400 gr Tomme (French cheese)
* 200gr crème fraîche
* 2 garlic cloves
* salt, pepper
* Boil the water
* Peel the potatoes and the garlic. Cut the potatoes in large pieces and put them in the boiling water with 1 garlic clove for 20 minutes.
* In the meantime, cut the cheese in thin slices.
* After the 20 min. take the clove out, mash the potatoes with a bit of the cooking water in order to obtain a nice consistency.
* Add the crème fraîche with a wooden spoon.
* Put the potatoes back in the pot without the water. Warm it up on low heat and add quickly the cheese while mixing vigorously. The aligot then forms a sort of "ribbon" when you let it run from the spoon.
* Add salt and pepper
* If it is not tasty enough, you can crush the second garlic clove and add it to the aligot.
Even our 1yo enjoyed it ^^